In a severely resorbed maxilla Nasal Implants can be used to make use of the nasal bone. JDNasal® Implants enable use of the maxillary bone surrounding the nose. The implant site begins in the alveolar bone at the pre-molar and ends in the bone separating the maxillary sinus and nasal cavity. The specialized implants need to be extra-long to span across the sinus and they need to be angulated. JDNasal® Implant is available up to a length of 26mm. The surgeon can choose to add a bone graft or not. It is mandatory to have no signs of sinus infection before deciding to proceed with this procedure.
Site Preparation Sequence
- Initiate the site preparation with the Ø2mm JDNasal® drill through the alveolar bone. It is advised to open a window in the lateral sinus wall and gently reflect the Schneiderian membrane without perforating it.
- If the alveolar has more than 3mm of good bone, use the Ø2mm JDNasal® drill to drill through the alveolar, into and across the sinus, engaging the lateral nasal wall.
- The 26mm depth probe can be used to palpate the hole depth for implant selection.
- Drill to final depth with the Ø2.4mm JDNasal® drill.
- Continue with standard twist drill Ø2.8 mm at the entrance for 6 mm.
- Continue the osteotomy with standard twist drill Ø3.2 mm at the entrance for 6 mm.
- Complete the osteotomy with standard twist drill Ø3.6 mm at the entrance for 6 mm.
- Place the implant till to reach the final position.
- NB: The surgeon can choose to open a window in the lateral sinus wall. Gently reflect the Schneiderian membrane and insert bone graft into the sinus.
Computer Guided Site Preparation Sequence
1. Start the osteotomy using the first JDGuided Drill JDGD24-060 Ø 2.4 x L 6 mm.
2. Continue using JDNasal® Guided Drill Ø 2.0 at the same implant lenght to be inserted (Choose among JDNasal® Guided drills L 20-22-24-26 mm)
3. Continue using JDNasal® Guided Drill Ø 2.4 at the same implant lenght to be inserted (Choose among JDNasal® Guided drills L 20-22-24-26 mm).
4. Continue with JDGuided Drill Ø2.8 mm for L 6 mm.
5. Continue the osteotomy with JDGuided Drill Ø3.2 mm x L 6 mm.
6. Complete the osteotomy with JDGuided Drill Ø3.6 mm x L 6 mm.